- AUTHORS: Larry Jeffus; Bryan Baker
- ISBN-13: 9781133691846
- Grade(s): 9 | 10 | 11 | 12
- 396 Pages Hardcover
- 1st Edition
- ©2017 Published
- Prices are valid only in the respective region
PIPE WELDING, 1E is a comprehensive guide to pipe welding. This textbook not only explains basic welding techniques, it also covers the unique safety issues welders often encounter on the job. From pipe layout and assembly to welding techniques using SMAW, GMAW, FCAW, and GTAW processes, this practical guide shows students how to become a pipe welder.
1. Introduction to Pipe Welding.
2. Welding Safety.
3. Shop Math.
4. Blueprint Reading and Welding Symbols.
5. Thermal Cutting Processes.
6. Pipe Joint Design and Preparation.
7. Pipe Fit-Up and Alignment.
8. Shielded Metal Arc Welding of Pipe.
9. Gas Metal Arc Welding of Pipe.
10. Flux Cored Arc Welding of Pipe.
11. Gas Tungsten Arc Welding of Pipe.
12. Pipe Welding with Multiple Processes.
13. Machine and Automatic Pipe Welding.
14. Filler Metals.
15. Welding Metallurgy.
16. Weld Discontinuity and Defects.
17. Pipe Weld Repairs.
18. Testing and Inspecting Welds.
19. Pipe Welding Certification – Welding Procedures.
20. Pipe Threads.