Wildlife & Natural Resource Management
- AUTHOR: Kevin H. Deal
- ISBN-13: 9781305627741
- Grade(s): 9 | 10 | 11 | 12
- 384 Pages Hardcover
- 4th Edition
- ©2017 Published
- Prices are valid only in the respective region
Fully revised for the fourth edition, WILDLIFE AND NATURAL RESOURCE MANAGEMENT explores wildlife, fisheries, and natural resource management today, including discussions on potential careers. Designed for high school students in an agriculture program or environmental science course, this text introduces the history and administration of natural resources, as well as broader concepts that impact everyone, including conservation, endangered species, and human impacts on wildlife. Section II then focuses specifically on how to identify species, including colorful feature articles on wild animals in their habitats. As our human population continues to grow, the pressure on natural resources will inevitably increase, creating opportunities for future generations. WILDLIFE AND NATURAL RESOURCE MANAGEMENT, 4E helps students see their role in that future, whether personal or professional, and how a better understanding of the natural world can prepare them for success.
Section I: INTRODUCTION.
1. The Importance of Natural Resources.
2. Conservation: Wise Use of Natural Resources.
3. The History of Wildlife Management in America.
4. The Administration of Wildlife Management.
5. Habitat Requirements of Wildlife.
6. The Human Impact on Wildlife Habitat.
7. Wildlife and American Sport Hunting.
8. Modern Wildlife Management.
9. Modern Waterfowl Management.
10. Endangered Species.
11. Wildlife Parks and Zoos.
Section II: WILDLIFE AND FISH IDENTIFICATION.
12. Large Mammals.
13. Small Mammals.
14. Nonindigenous Species.
15. Upland Game Birds.
16. Ducks, Geese, Swans, and Cranes.
17. Songbirds and Other Common Birds.
18. Avian Predators.
19. Common Shorebirds, Herons, and Egrets.
22. Freshwater Habitats and Their Management.
23. Freshwater Fishes.
Section III: CAREERS.
24. Careers in Wildlife and Fisheries Management.