Table of Contents
Part I: ADMINISTRATION.
1. The Director: A Broad View.
2. Diversity and Early Education.
3. Choices: Schools and Programs.
4. Administering Program Plans.
Part II: PLANNING: PROGRAM AND ENVIRONMENT.
5. Planning: Infants and Toddlers.
6. Planning: Preschool Age Children.
7. Planning: School Age Children.
8. Planning: Family Child Care.
Part III: STAFF.
9. Staff Selection/Personnel Policies.
10. Staff Supervision and Training.
Part IV: MANAGEMENT.
12. Nutrition, Health, and Safety for the Program.
13. Beginnings: A New Program/A New Year.
14. Including Families and the Community.
15. Maintaining Quality of Child Care.
Appendix A: Computerized Data Management.
Appendix B: Professional Organizations and Sources of Information.
Appendix C: Sources for Early Childhood Materials, Equipment, Supplies, and Books.
Appendix D: State Child-Care Licensing Agencies.
Appendix E: NAEYC Code of Ethical Conduct.