The World of Customer Service
- AUTHOR: Pattie Gibson
- ISBN-13: 9780840064240
- Grade(s): 9 | 10 | 11 | 12
- 224 Pages Paperback
- 3rd Edition | Previous Editions: 2008, 2004
- ©2012 Published
- Prices are valid only in the respective region
Introduce your students to the exemplary customer service skills that are essential in all types of organizations today with the powerful, practical and engaging presentation in Gibson's THE WORLD OF CUSTOMER SERVICE, 3rd Edition. This text demonstrates how effective customer service techniques can help your students and their organizations achieve critical goals, deal with problems and complaints, consistently exceed customer expectations, and create loyal customers. Author Pattie Gibson focuses on the strategies most important in customer service today with insights and memorable examples from practicing professionals. Several new chapters in this edition highlight how to maximize revenue and customer satisfaction, effectively solve problems and resolve complaints, and better understand the impact and potential in today's social media. Students also gain new insights into establishing their own effective customer service habits. This edition emphasizes the importance of effective global communication and collaboration techniques with a wide range of real customer-focused activities and actual business cases. The new, optional CourseMate website for this edition reinforces concepts with interactive learning tools, including a complete eBook, videos and the unique Engagement Tracker for monitoring student outcomes. Help your students develop the customer service skills essential for professionals in all areas of business today with THE WORLD OF CUSTOMER SERVICE, 3rd Edition.
Part I: THE CUSTOMER SERVICE ENVIRONMENT.
1. What is Customer Service?
2. The Global Customer.
3. Exceptional Customer Service.
4. Customer Service Strategy.
Part II: ESSENTIAL CUSTOMER SERVICE SKILLS.
5. Critical Workplace Skills.
6. Problem Solving.
7. Extreme Customers and Customer Retention.
8. Managing Customer Service.
Part III: COMMUNICATION SKILLS.
9. Communication Essentials.
10. Customer-Focused Listening.
11. Nonverbal Communication, Dress, and Manner.
12. Phone and Digital Communication.