Interior Plantscaping: Principles and Practices
- AUTHOR: James M. DelPrince
- ISBN-13: 9781435439634
- Grade(s): 9 | 10 | 11 | 12
- 576 Pages Hardcover
- 1st Edition
- ©2013 Published
- Prices are valid only in the respective region
Plants are an integral part of modern interior design and INTERIOR PLANTSCAPING PRINCIPLES AND PRACTICES, 1st Edition helps readers use them to enhance any commercial or residential space. Organized into four sections, the book addresses plant species, design fundamentals, plant science, and business considerations, while demonstrating the many professional and creative opportunities plantscaping offers. Digging deeply into horticulture, INTERIOR PLANTSCAPING PRINCIPLES AND PRACTICES, 1st Edition discusses plant physiology, light, water, soil environment, pests, and diseases, and takes the mystery of out of plant selection, installation, and maintenance. Like no other book, INTERIOR PLANTSCAPING PRINCIPLES AND PRACTICES, 1st Edition illustrates how plantscaping makes interior spaces more livable by adding beauty and making environments healthier, both physically and psychologically, through people and plant interaction.
About the Author.
SECTION ONE: PLANTS IN THE INTERIOR.
1. Keeping Plants Indoors.
2. Plant Uses and Plant Opportunities.
3. Cultivation versus Aesthetics.
4. International Code of Botanical Nomenclature: How it Works.
5. Interior Plant History.
SECTION TWO: DESIGN.
6. Principles of Interior Planting Design.
7. Elements of Interior Planting Design.
8. Complementary Product and Design Services.
SECTION THREE: SCIENCE.
11. Water and Soil.
12. Insect Pests.
SECTION FOUR: BUSINESS.
14. Business Management.
List of Indoor Plants.