Criminal Law and Procedure for the Paralegal
- AUTHOR: Neal R. Bevans
- ISBN-13: 9781133693581
- Grade(s): 9 | 10 | 11 | 12
- 480 Pages Paperback
- 2nd Edition | Previous Editions: 2003
- ©2015 Published
- Prices are valid only in the respective region
Now newly updated and expanded, the Second Edition of this popular text provides a concise, realistic, hands-on guide to the fascinating and rewarding practice of criminal law. CRIMINAL LAW AND PROCEDURE FOR THE PARALEGAL offers a highly practical introduction to the field, exploring essential legal principles and their applications through a series of real-world cases, including prosecution, defense, and appellate processes. Drawing on his extensive experience as a criminal defense attorney, an assistant district attorney, and a college instructor, the author brings the world of prosecutors, defense attorneys, and paralegals to life with a uniquely engaging, reader-friendly style ideal for today's learners. The text also addresses relevant Supreme Court decisions and their ramifications and offers insights from actual paralegals and examples from real cases. Suitable for courses in both criminal law and procedure and criminal justice, this trusted text is an ideal resource to prepare current and future legal professionals for success in the dynamic, high-demand field of criminal law.
1. An Introduction to Criminal Law.
2. Arrest, Search, and Seizure.
3. Post-arrest and Grand Jury.
4. Evidentiary Issues in Prosecution.
5. Interrogation, Confessions, and Miranda.
6. Arraignment and Discovery.
7. Principals, Accessories, and Attempt.
8. Crimes Against the Person.
9. Sex-related Crimes.
10. Crimes Against Property.
11. Crimes Against Public Order, Morality and Health.
12. Rights Associated with the Trial.
13. The Trial.
15. Sentencing and Appeal.
The Kline Case.
The Marbles Case.
The Fortner Case.