Creating Adventure Games for Teens
- AUTHOR: Jason Darby
- ISBN-13: 9781133728023
- Grade(s): 9 | 10 | 11 | 12
- 363 Pages Paperback
- 1st Edition
- ©2013 Published
- Prices are valid only in the respective region
If you're ready to learn all about making your own adventure games, CREATING ADVENTURE GAMES FOR TEENS is ready to show you how--and no prior programming skills are required! After being introduced to the history and principles of adventure game creation, learning what makes a good game, you'll immediately put your new knowledge into practice by making adventure games for the PC and web platforms. Using the latest version of Multimedia Fusion, the user-friendly drag-and-drop game and application creation program, CREATING ADVENTURE GAMES FOR TEENS will also teach you how to make text and graphic adventures, point and click graphic adventures games and the hugely popular hidden object adventure games--whether you're an experienced programmer or are just getting started this book will teach you all you need to know about adventure games. The book also includes instructions on how to make your own editors so you can quickly program your own your own games. With this book's easy, step-by-step instructions, you'll be on your way to creating great adventure games in no time.
1. Adventures Through Time.
2. Introduction to MMF2 & SAM.
3. Your First Game – Dungeon of Text.
4. Text Adventures in Depth.
5. The Adventure Game Object.
6. Game – Time Traveler – Rome.
7. Graphic Text Adventures.
8. Game – Wild West.
10. Creating Your First Editor.
11. Point and Click Adventures.
12. Game - Sherlock The Detective.
13. More Advanced Techniques.
14. Hidden Object Games.
15. Game – Lost & Found.
16. Hidden Object – Mini Games.
18. Game Design Ideas.
19. Other considerations.