Discovering Computers ©2016
- AUTHORS: Misty E. Vermaat; Susan L. Sebok; Steven M. Freund; Jennifer T. Campbell; Mark Frydenberg
- ISBN-13: 9781305391857
- 828 Pages Paperback
- 1st Edition
- ©2016 Published
- Prices are valid only in the respective region
Teach students how to maximize the use of mobile devices, make the most of the latest online tools for collaboration and communications, and fully utilize today's Internet capabilities with the latest edition of the comprehensive DISCOVERING COMPUTERS. Introductory computing students clearly see how technology skills can assist in gaining employment or advancing their careers. DISCOVERING COMPUTERS ©2016 highlights the most recent developments in computer tools and technology with an emphasis on actionable content, a proven learning structure, and variety of practice and reinforcement opportunities to reinforce key skills. Each chapter begins with a self-assessment that enables learners to target their study and learn more in less time. To keep content as current as possible, the authors offer additional coverage of contemporary technology developments online that build upon this edition's discussions. Other leading teaching, study and testing resources save you time in class preparation. DISCOVERING COMPUTERS not only offers content students need to succeed, but also presents it in a way that ensures understanding and success.
Introductory Chapter: Succeeding In This Course: Tips and Pointers.
1. Introducing Today's Technologies: Computers, Devices, and the Web.
2. Connecting And Communicating Online: The Internet, Websites, and Media.
3. Computers And Mobile Devices: Evaluating Options for Home and Work.
4. Programs And Apps: Productivity, Graphics, Security, and Other Tools.
5. Digital Security, Ethics, And Privacy: Threats, Issues, and Defenses.
Feature: Technology Timeline.
6. Computing Components: Processors, Memory, the Cloud, and More.
7. Input And Output: Extending Capabilities of Computers and Mobile Devices.
8. Digital Storage: Preserving Content Locally and in the Cloud.
9. Operating Systems: Managing, Coordinating, and Monitoring Resources.
10. Communicating Digital Content: Wired and Wireless Networks and Devices.
11. Building Solutions: Database, System, and Application Development Tools.
12. Working In The Enterprise: Systems, Certifications, and Careers.
Appendix A: Acronym Reference.
Appendix B: Troubleshooting Computer and Mobile Device Problems.