Table of Contents
11. The Later Middle Ages: Crisis and Disintegration in the Fourteenth Century.
12. Recovery and Rebirth: The Age of the Renaissance.
13. Reformation and Religious Warfare in the Sixteenth Century.
14. Europe and the World: New Encounters, 1500-1800.
15. State Building and the Search for Order in the Seventeenth Century.
16. Toward a New Heaven and a New Earth: The Scientific Revolution and the Emergence of Modern Science.
17. The Eighteenth Century: An Age of Enlightenment.
18. The Eighteenth Century: European States, International Wars, and Social Change.
19. A Revolution in Politics: The Era of the French Revolution and Napoleon.
20. The Industrial Revolution and Its Impact on European Society.
21. Reaction, Revolution, and Romanticism, 1815-1850.
22. An Age of Nationalism and Realism, 1850-1871.
23. Mass Society in an “Age of Progress”, 1871-1894.
24. An Age of Modernity, Anxiety, and Imperialism, 1894-1914.
25. The Beginning of the Twentieth-Century Crisis: War and Revolution.
26. The Futile Search for a New Stability: Europe between the Wars, 1919-1939.
27. The Deepening of the European Crisis: World War II.
28. Cold War and a New Western World, 1945-1965.
29. Protest and Stagnation: The Western World, 1965-1985.
30. After The Fall: The Western World In A Global Age (Since 1985).