Parasitology for Medical and Clinical Laboratory Professionals
- AUTHOR: John W. Ridley
- ISBN-13: 9781435448162
- Grade(s): 9 | 10 | 11 | 12
- 288 Pages Paperback
- 1st Edition
- ©2012 Published
- Prices are valid only in the respective region
PARASITOLOGY FOR MEDICAL LABORATORY TECHNICIANS guides your students in understanding the background, source, recovery, and identification of a well-representative range of organisms that commonly affect humans. This text organizes a complex set of topics into an understandable and easy-to-read format that will help your students learn more about parasitic infections and how to effectively collect and prepare samples, aiding in the diagnosis of parasitosis. The subtle differences between similar parasitic organisms are explained in a simple and easily understood manner, increasing the likelihood that your students will be able to recover the parasites, prepare them for identification and, subsequently, ensure effective treatment.
1. Background and History of Parasites.
2. Epidemiology and Conditions Contributing to Parasitic Infestations.
3. Protozoal Microorganisms as Intestinal Parasites
4. Blood (intracellular) and Other Tissue Protozoa
5. Description of Nematodes, Cestodes, Trematodes.
6. Intestinal Nematodes.
7. Intestinal Cestodes.
8. Intestinal Trematodes.
9. Tissue Parasites.
11. Organisms Borne by Tick Vectors.
12. Laboratory Procedures for Identifying Parasitic Organisms and Their Ova.