Automotive Maintenance & Light Repair
- AUTHOR: Rob Thompson
- ISBN-13: 9781111307417
- Grade(s): 9 | 10 | 11 | 12
- 800 Pages Hardcover
- 1st Edition
- ©2014 Published
- Prices are valid only in the respective region
AUTOMOTIVE MAINTENANCE AND LIGHT REPAIR (AM&LR) was designed to meet the needs of automotive programs that teach to the competencies specified in NATEF’s Maintenance & Light Repair (MLR) program standard. Designed for entry-level students, the primary features of AM&LR are the focus on the foundational principles and knowledge for the MLR tasks, and the activities to supplement student learning. Both the core textbook and accompanying workbook provide activities covering the entire MLR task list, as well as many supplemental tasks often expected of entry-level technicians. In addition, Automotive Maintenance and Light Repair is written to engage students not just in automotive competencies, but also in applied academic skills and lifelong learning skills, including math, science, and communication.
1. Introduction to the Automotive Industry.
3. Shop Orientation.
4. Basic Technician Skills.
5. Wheels, Tires, and Wheel Bearings.
6. Suspension System Principles.
7. Suspension System Service.
8. Steering System Principles.
9. Steering Service.
10. Brake System Principles.
11. Brake System Service.
12. Drum Brake System Principles.
13. Drum Brake System Inspection and Service.
14. Disc Brake System Principles.
15. Disc Brake System Inspection and Service.
16. Antilock Brakes, Vehicle Stability Control, and Power Assist.
17. Electrical/Electronic System Principles.
18. Basic Electrical/Electronic System Service.
19. Starting and Charging System Principles.
20. Starting and Charging System Service.
21. Lighting and Electrical Accessories.
22. Engine Performance Principles.
23. Engine Mechanical Testing and Service.
24. Engine Performance Service.
25. Automatic and Manual Transmissions.
26. Heating and Air Conditioning.
27. Vehicle Maintenance.