Fundamentals of Management
- AUTHOR: Ricky Griffin
- ISBN-13: 9781285849041
- Grade(s): 9 | 10 | 11 | 12
- 544 Pages Paperback
- 8th Edition | Previous Editions: 2014
- ©2016 Published
- Prices are valid only in the respective region
Provide your students with the strong theoretical and functional framework needed for success in management today with this brief option that gives you the flexibility to integrate your own cases, exercises and projects throughout your course. FUNDAMENTALS OF MANAGEMENT, 8E from respected management author Ricky Griffin invites students into the study of management with a dynamic approach efficiently organized around the functions of management. Students strengthen their management skills with a proven balance of theory and practice as well as numerous, engaging learning features. New and revised "First Things First" opening vignettes draw students into each chapter, while clear learning objectives and chapter outlines, summaries of key points and key terms, and numerous student-oriented skill applications and new cases keep students focused and actively learning. "You Make the Call" end-of-chapter features bring the students back to the opening case with the newfound knowledge they have gained after reading the chapter. New "Building Skills" exercises and "Skills Self-Assessment Instruments" equip future managers to handle some of today's most critical business situations. Following our state of the art, Engage, Connect, Perform, and Lead model, students truly learn to think and act like managers.
Part 1: AN INTRODUCTION TO MANAGEMENT.
1. Understanding the Manager's Job.
2. The Environment of Organizations and Managers.
Part II: PLANNING.
3. Planning and Strategic Management.
4. Managing Decision Making.
5. Entrepreneurship and New Venture Management.
Part III: ORGANIZING.
6. Organization Structure and Design.
7. Organization Change and Innovation.
8. Managing Human Resources in Organizations.
Part IV: LEADING.
9. Basic Elements of Individual Behavior in Organizations.
10. Managing Employee Motivation and Performance.
11. Leadership and Influence Processes.
12. Communication in Organizations.
13. Managing Work Groups and Teams.
Part V: CONTROLLING.
14. Basic Elements of Control.
15. Managing Operations, Quality, and Productivity.