Bring economics to life with rich, practical examples that make concepts clear and intriguing. CONTEMPORARY ECONOMICS blends economic expertise and educational insights with comprehensive content, sound instructional design, and extensive print and media teaching tools. The book covers CEE's (Council for Economic Education) Standards completely and repeatedly. This new edition now includes two chapters covering personal finance, including information on managing money and being a responsible consumer. A wealth of print, video, electronic, and online resources make it simple to address varied learning styles, use formal and informal assessment, and integrate technology where it makes sense to you.
Unit I: INTRODUCTION TO ECONOMICS.
1. What is Economics?
2. Economic Systems and Economic Tools.
3. U.S. Private and Public Sectors.
Unit II: THE MARKET ECONOMY.
6. Market Forces.
7. Market Structure.
Unit III: MARKET INSTITUTIONS.
9. Labor Markets.
10. Financial Markets and Business Growth.
Unit IV: PERSONAL FINANCIAL LITERACY.
11. Consumer Responsibilities and Protections.
12. Managing Your Money.
Unit V: THE NATIONAL ECONOMY.
13. Economic Performance.
14. Economic Growth.
15. Economic Challenges.
Unit VI: PUBLIC POLICY AND THE NATIONAL ECONOMY.
16. Government Spending, Revenue, and Public Choice.
17. Fiscal Policy, Deficits, and Debt.
18. Money and Banking.
19. Money Creation, the Federal Reserve System, and Monetary Policy.
Unit VII: THE INTERNATIONAL ECONOMY.
20. International Trade and Finance.
21. Economic Development.
Choose the textbook packaged with the resources that best meet your course and student needs. Contact your Cengage Learning representative for more information.