Writing and Reporting News: A Coaching Method
- AUTHOR: Carole Rich
- ISBN-13: 9781111344443
- Grade(s): 9 | 10 | 11 | 12
- 512 Pages Paperback
- 7th Edition | Previous Editions: 2010, 2007, 2005
- ©2013 Published
- Prices are valid only in the respective region
WRITING AND REPORTING NEWS: A COACHING METHOD prepares students for the changing world of journalism by integrating new trends in the convergence of print, broadcast, and online media while teaching fundamental skills. With new information about social media, mobile media, blogs, and new skills students will need for careers in emerging media, the seventh edition features practical tips and techniques from writing coaches and award-winning journalists. Real-life stories of working journalists and built-in instructional material make the text accessible and interesting, enabling students to easily learn effective writing and reporting techniques for media careers now and in the future.
1. Changing Concepts of News.
2. The Basic News Story.
3. Convergent and Mobile Media.
4. Social Media.
5. Sources and Online Research.
6. Interviewing Techniques.
7. Leads and Nut Graphs.
8. Story Organization.
9. Story Forms.
10. Storytelling and Feature Techniques.
11. Broadcast News Writing.
12. Online Journalism.
13. Public Relations Writing.
14. Media Law.
15. Media Ethics.
16. Multicultural Sensitivity.
17. Profiles and Obituaries.
18. Speeches, News Conferences and Meetings.
19. Government and Statistical Stories.
20. Crime and Punishment.
22. Disasters, Weather and Tragedies.
24. Media Jobs and Internships.