3-2-1 Code It!
- AUTHOR: Michelle A. Green
- ISBN-13: 9781111540586
- Grade(s): 9 | 10 | 11 | 12
- 936 Pages Paperback
- 3rd Edition | Previous Editions: 2010, 2007
- ©2012 Published
- Prices are valid only in the respective region
3-2-1 Code It! 3rd Editioncombines ICD-9-CM, CPT, and HCPCS Level II coding concepts into one convenient package that offers a level of detail suitable for beginning and more experienced codersalike. This text includes the latest code sets, conventions, and guidelines,new content about health reform, Medicare's contracting reform, diagnosis-related groups (DRGs), and more. 3-2-1 Code It! 3rd Edition also containsinformation about career opportunities for coders, the importance of joining professional organizations and obtaining credentials, the impact of working with other coding professionals, and how to develop opportunities for career advancement. When students are ready to earn a coding credential, this text will help them prepare and practice for a professional career.
Part I: CODING OVERVIEW.
1. Overview of Coding.
Part II: ICD-9-CM, ICD-10-CM, AND ICD-10-PCS CODING SYSTEMS.
2. Introduction to ICD-9-CM and ICD-10-CM/PCS Coding.
3. ICD-9-CM and ICD-10-CM/PCS Coding Convention.
4. ICD-9-CM and ICD-10-CM/PCS Coding Guidelines.
5. ICD-9-CM and ICD-10-CM/PCS Hospital Inpatient Coding.
6. ICD-9-CM and ICD-10-CM Outpatient Coding.
Part III: HEALTH CARE PROCEDURE CODING SYSTEM (HCPCS).
7. HCPCS Level II National Coding.
Part IV: CURRENT PROCEDURAL TERMINOLOGY (CPT) CODING SYSTEM.
8. Introduction to CPT Coding.
9. CPT Evaluation and Management.
10. CPT Anesthesia
11. CPT Surgery I.
12. CPT Surgery II.
13. CPT Surgery III.
14. CPT Surgery IV.
15. CPT Surgery V.
16. CPT Radiology.
17. CPT Pathology and Laboratory.
18. CPT Medicine.
Part V: INSURANCE AND REIMBURSEMENT OVERVIEW.
19. Insurance and Reimbursement.
Appendix I: E/M CodeBuilde.
Appendix II: ICD-10-CM Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting.
Appendix III: Coding Practice Using www.EncoderPro.com.
Inpatient ICD-9-CM Coding Quick Notes.
Outpatient ICD-9-CM Coding.