Construction Jobsite Management
- AUTHORS: William R. Mincks; Hal Johnston
- ISBN-13: 9781305081796
- Grade(s): 9 | 10 | 11 | 12
- 496 Pages Hardcover
- 4th Edition | Previous Editions: 2011
- ©2017 Published
- Prices are valid only in the respective region
The newly updated Fourth Edition of CONSTRUCTION JOBSITE MANAGEMENT examines all facets of construction project management from the contractor’s point of view. The responsibilities of project managers, construction superintendents, and construction engineers are covered in depth, from configuring a project team through closing out a project. The text maintains a strong focus on jobsite personnel activities, outlining proven procedures and offering helpful techniques to manage projects effectively from start to finish. Clear, concise language and accurate, relevant detail make this book an essential introduction to the "real world" of construction jobsite management.
1. Introduction to Project Management.
2. The Project Team.
3. Use of Construction Documents on the Jobsite.
4. Submittals, Samples, and Shop Drawings.
5. Documentation and Record Keeping at the Jobsite.
6. Jobsite Layout and Control.
7. Meetings, Negotiations, and Dispute Resolution.
8. Jobsite Labor Relations and Control.
9. Personnel and Safety Management.
10. Subcontracting and Purchasing.
11. Project Quality Management.
12. Time and Cost Control.
13. Waste and Environmental Management and Sustainable Construction Practices.
14. Computerized Project Administration.
15. Building Information Modeling.
16. Changes and Claims.
17. Progress Payments.
18. Project Closeout.