- AUTHOR: Kent Kauffman
- ISBN-13: 9780840024657
- Grade(s): 9 | 10 | 11 | 12
- 624 Pages Paperback
- 3rd Edition | Previous Editions: 2009, 2004
- ©2014 Published
- Prices are valid only in the respective region
With its practical, hands-on approach to legal ethics, the third edition of LEGAL ETHICS is designed to ensure that students have a solid grasp of the ethical rules that apply in the legal setting. Comprehensive yet easy to understand, this engaging text provides a thorough and substantive analysis of the major principles that affect how the practice of law is regulated. Filled with real-life examples of lawyer and non-lawyer instances of misconduct, current and classic case law, and discussions of famous (and infamous) people, this straightforward text brings the material to life and demonstrates how courts interpret and apply ethical rules to lawyers and their non-lawyer employees. Updated study aids, ethical dilemmas, case studies, and coverage of the paralegal job market and compensation have been added to the third edition so that students are prepared for a career in today's legal workplace.
1. Lawyers, Legal Assistants, and the Regulation of the Legal Profession.
2. Paralegals and Their Profession.
3. The Unauthorized Practice of Law.
4. Confidentiality .
5. Conflicts of Interest.
6. Advertising and Solicitation.
7. Fees and Fee Sharing.
8. Ethics in Litigation, Malpractice Liability, and Pro Bono Services.