Table of Contents
Part I: PROFESSIONAL AND CAREER RESPONSIBILITIES.
1. A Career As an Administrative Medical Assistant.
2. The Health Care Environment: Past, Present, and Future.
3. Medicolegal and Ethical Responsibilities.
Part II: INTERPERSONAL COMMUNICATIONS.
4. The Art of Communication.
5. Receptionist and the Medical Office Environment.
6. Telephone Procedures.
Part III: RECORDS MANAGEMENT.
8. Filing Procedures.
9. Medical Records.
10. Drug and Prescription Records.
Part IV: WRITTEN COMMUNICATIONS.
11. Written Correspondence.
12. Processing Mail and Telecommunications.
Part V: FINANCIAL ADMINISTRATION.
13. Fees, Credit, and Collection.
16. Health Insurance Systems and Claim Submission.
17. Procedural and Diagnostic Coding.
Part VI: MANAGING THE OFFICE.
18. Office Managerial Responsibilities.
19. Financial Management of the Medical Practice.
Part VII: EMPLOYMENT.
20. Summary of Future Health Care Trends.
21. Seeking a Position as An Administrative Medical Assistant (Internet only).