- AUTHORS: Marianne Neighbors; Ruth Tannehill-Jones
- ISBN-13: 9781285065922
- Grade(s): 9 | 10 | 11 | 12
- 592 Pages Paperback
- 4th Edition | Previous Editions: 2010, 2006, 2000
- ©2015 Published
- Prices are valid only in the respective region
Now it its fourth edition, HUMAN DISEASES has been updated and expanded to include the cutting-edge topics and features students need today. This best-selling pathophysiology text first delivers basic anatomy and physiology in a reader-friendly manner, then explores the diseases and disorders health care professionals see and treat most. Intuitively organized, chapters present each disease’s description, etiology, symptoms, diagnosis, treatment, and prevention. Readings also incorporate contemporary issues in health care, including the impending ICD-10 switchover, pharmacology concerns, herbal and non-traditional remedies, new research findings, and current statistics. Designed to simplify pathology, HUMAN DISEASES, 4th Edition lightens heavy concepts with thought-provoking vignettes and cases, highlighted features, colorful photography and illustrations, and an unmatched variety of interactive learning and streamlined course preparation tools.
UNIT 1: INTRODUCTION TO HUMAN DISEASES.
1. Introduction to Human Diseases
2. Mechanisms of Disease.
4. Inflammation and Infection.
UNIT II: COMMON DISEASES AND DISORDERS OF BODY SYSTEMS.
5. Immune System Diseases and Disorders.
6. Musculoskeletal System Diseases and Disorders.
7. Blood and Blood-Forming Organ Diseases and Disorders.
8. Cardiovascular System Diseases and Disorders.
9. Respiratory System Diseases and Disorders.
10. Lymphatic System Diseases and Disorders.
11. Digestive System Diseases and Disorders.
12. Liver, Gallbladder, and Pancreatic Diseases and Disorders
13. Urinary System Diseases and Disorders.
14. Endocrine System Diseases and Disorders.
15. Nervous System Diseases and Disorders.
16. Eye and Ear Diseases and Disorders.
17. Reproductive System Diseases and Disorders.
18. Integumentary System Diseases and Disorders.
UNIT III: GENETIC/DEVELOPMENTAL, CHILDHOOD, AND MENTAL HEALTH DISEASES AND DISORDERS.
19. Genetic and Developmental Diseases and Disorders.
20. Childhood Diseases and Disorders.
21. Mental Health Diseases and Disorders.
Choose the textbook packaged with the resources that best meet your course and student needs. Contact your Cengage Learning representative for more information.