Agricultural Communications in Action: A Hands-On Approach
- AUTHORS: Ricky Telg; Tracy Anne Irani
- ISBN-13: 9781111317140
- Grade(s): 9 | 10 | 11 | 12
- 368 Pages Hardcover
- 1st Edition
- ©2012 Published
- Prices are valid only in the respective region
Packed with real-life illustrations and practical applications, AGRICULTURAL COMMUNICATIONS IN ACTION: A HANDS-ON APPROACH helps students become better equipped as effective communicators. With a high degree of correlation to the AFNR Standards, this exciting First Edition is focused specifically on skills-building and communication concepts. It helps students understand the broad methods utilized in communication--whether it be in journalism, through social media, or in other outlets. With the text's breadth and depth of coverage, students can master communications development concepts quickly and then immediately put them into action. Current communication trends are integrated throughout this practical, "how-to" text. It also includes insight from real professionals in various agriculture-related industries, illustrating how they tackle communication issues and problems. Communications skills are critical to student success in high school, college, and their careers. By learning and applying the contents of this book, students will be better able to communicate the importance of agriculture to the world around them.
Section I: INTRODUCTION AND MESSAGE DEVELOPMENT.
1. Introduction to Agricultural Communications.
2. Effective Communication and Message Development.
3. Research Methods.
Section II: WRITING AND DOCUMENT DESIGN.
4. Business Writing.
5. News Media Writing.
6. Document Design.
Section III: VISUAL COMMUNICATION.
7. Public Speaking.
8. Visual Communication.
9. Digital Photography and Photographic Editing.
Section IV: Video and Online Communication.
10. Video and Audio Production.
11. Web Design.
12. New Media.
Section V: WORKING WITH THE MEDIA.
13. Media Relations.
14. Risk/Crisis Communication.
Section VI: Putting it Together.
15. Persuasion and Persuasive Information and Educational Campaigns.
16. Special Events.
17. Communications Campaign Development.
Section VII: THE FUTURE.
18. Future of Agricultural Communications.