Heating with Renewable Energy
- AUTHOR: John Siegenthaler
- ISBN-13: 9781285075600
- Grade(s): 9 | 10 | 11 | 12
- 864 Pages Hardcover
- 1st Edition
- ©2017 Published
- Prices are valid only in the respective region
Ideal for technical students and professional contractors alike, HEATING WITH RENEWABLE ENERGY shows how to merge renewable heat sources (such as solar thermal collectors, hydronic heat pumps, and wood-fired boilers) with the latest hydronics hardware and low temperature distribution systems to assemble efficient, reliable, and economically sustainable heating systems. Through detailed descriptions, examples, and hundreds of full color illustrations, the book covers the nuts and bolts issues that designers must understand, beginning with basic building blocks and concluding with complete system designs that show the synergy of detail and function possible with state-of-the-art hardware and design methods. Modeled on the author's highly successful MODERN HYDRONIC HEATING, this practical book focuses on realistic solutions and demonstrates the commonality of renewable energy system design, regardless of heat source, allowing readers to diversify their expertise.
1. Residential Energy Basics.
2. Space Heating & Domestic Water Heating Loads.
3. Universal Hydronic Concepts.
4. Essential Hydronic Hardware & Detailing.
5. Low Temperature Heat Emitters.
6. Electrical & Electronic Controllers.
7. Solar Energy Fundamentals.
8. Solar Thermal Collectors.
9. Thermal Storage Tanks.
10. Antifreeze-Protected Solar Combisystems.
11. Drainback Protected Solar Combisystems.
12. Assessing Solar Combisystem Performance.
13. Air-To-Water Heat Pump Systems.
14. Geothermal Heat Pump Systems.
15. Wood-Fired Heating Systems.
16. Economic Evaluation Concepts & Tools.