Visual C# Game Programming for Teens
- AUTHOR: Jonathan S. Harbour
- ISBN-13: 9781435458482
- Grade(s): 9 | 10 | 11 | 12
- 352 Pages Paperback
- 1st Edition
- ©2012 Published
- Prices are valid only in the respective region
Learn how to create your own fully functioning role-playing game (RPG) with VISUAL C# GAME PROGRAMMING FOR TEENS! A true beginner's guide, the book covers each essential step for creating your own complete RPG using Windows Forms and GDI+, including a tiled scroller, game editors, and scripting. While some experience with Visual C# is helpful, this book is an introductory guide for readers who are new to programming or new to programming for games and want to learn the basics of RPG game mechanics. You will learn by studying the short examples in each chapter, building the complete RPG called Dungeon Crawler as you move from one chapter to the next, with new features and game play elements added in each new chapter. Along the way you'll discover how to load and draw bitmaps, create sprites, render a game world, keep track of inventory and character stats, and build tools including a level editor, character editor, item editor, and monster editor. And the finished Dungeon Crawler game includes all the source code and tools you'll need to make your own awesome RPGs with loads of cool features and functionality.
PART I: DUNGEON PREREQUISITES.
1. Welcome to the Dungeon.
2. Drawing Shapes and Bitmaps with GDI+
3. Sprites and Real-Time Animation.
4. Collision Detection.
5. Playing Sound Effects and Music.
PART II: BUILDING THE DUNGEON.
6. Creating the Dungeon Editor.
7. Rendering a Dungeon Level.
8. Adding Objects to the Dungeon.
9. Going Deeper into the Dungeon with Portals.
PART III: EXPLORING THE DUNGEON.
10. Creating Characters and Monsters.
11. Dialogue: Trainers, Vendors, and NPCs.
12. Fighting Monsters, Gaining Experience, and Leveling.
13. Equipping Gear and Looting Treasure.
14. Populating the Dungeon.
15. Deep Places of the World.