The Complete Lab Manual for Electricity
- AUTHOR: Stephen Herman
- ISBN-13: 9781133673828
- Grade(s): 9 | 10 | 11 | 12
- 480 Pages Paperback
- 4th Edition | Previous Editions: 2009, 2005, 2001
- ©2015 Published
- Prices are valid only in the respective region
Help today’s learners master the hands-on electrical skills they need for professional success with THE COMPLETE LABORATORY MANUAL FOR ELECTRICITY, 4E by best-selling author Stephen Herman. No matter what electrical theory book readers are using, THE COMPLETE LABORATORY MANUAL FOR ELECTRICITY offers the perfect fit with a logical progression of topics; and meaningful, cost-effective experiments. Updated lab activities throughout this edition now incorporate the use of wirewound resistors rather than incandescent lamps to correspond with changing government regulations. Learners explore all aspects of electrical concepts –- from basic electricity through AC theory, transformers, and motor controls - in this single volume. Each lab offers a clear explanation of the circuits to be connected, examples of calculations to complete the exercise, and step-by-step procedures for conducting the experiment. Labs emphasize both the theory and application of electrical concepts as learners construct a multitude of circuits, including series, parallel, combination, RL series and parallel, RC series and parallel, and RLC series and parallel circuits. Trust THE COMPLETE LABORATORY MANUAL FOR ELECTRICITY, 4E as a stand-alone resource or ideal supplement (e.g., to the Delmar Standard Textbook of Electricity) for the hands-on mastery of electrical skills today’s learners need.
SECTION1: MEASURING INSTRUMENTS AND BASIC ELECTRICITY.
1. Measuring Instruments.
2. Ohm’s Law.
3. Series Circuits.
4. Parallel Circuits.
5. Combination Circuits.
6. Resistor Color Code.
SECTION 2: BASIC SWITCH CONNECTIONS.
7. Single-Pole Switches.
8. 3-Way Switches.
9. 4-Way Switches.
SECTION 3: ALTERNATING CURRENT LOADS.
11. Resistive-Inductive Series Circuits
12. RL Parallel Circuits.
14. Resistive-Capacitive Series Circuits.
15. RC Parallel Circuits.
16. Resistive-Inductive-Capacitive Series Circuits.
17. Resistive-Inductive-Capacitive Parallel Circuits.
18. Power Factor Correction.
SECTION 4: TRANSFORMERS AND MOTORS.
19. Transformer Basics.
20. Single-Phase Transformer Calculations.
21. Transformer Polarities.
23. Three-Phase Circuits.
24. Three-Phase Transformers.
25. Three-Phase Motors.
SECTION 5: MOTOR CONTROLS.
26. Start-Stop Push-Button Control.
27. Multiple Push-Button Stations.
28. Forward-Reverse Control.
29. Sequence Control.
30. Jogging Controls.
31. On-Delay Timers.
32. Off-Delay Timers.
33. Changing the Logic of an On-Delay Timer to an Off-Delay Timer.
34. Designing a Printing Press Circuit.
35. Sequence Starting and Stopping for Three Motors.
36. Hydraulic Press Control Circuit.
37. Design of Two Flashing Lights.
38. Design of Three Flashing Lights.
39. Control for Three Pumps.
40. Oil Pressure Pump Circuit for a Compressor.
41. Autotransformer Starter.