Principles of Economics
- AUTHOR: N. Gregory Mankiw
- ISBN-13: 9781285165875
- Grade(s): 9 | 10 | 11 | 12
- 880 Pages Hardcover
- 7th Edition
- ©2015 Published
- Prices are valid only in the respective region
PRINCIPLES OF ECONOMICS, Seventh Edition, continues to be the most popular and widely-used text in the economics classroom. A text by a superb writer and economist that stresses the most important concepts without overwhelming students with an excess of detail. A thorough update has been made to keep all chapters fresh and relevant with current Economic coverage. MindTap, the cutting edge online environment is available with new enhancements that include Graph Builder and Adaptive Test Prep that allow students extra preparation in graph drawing and test review. The seventh edition premier ancillary package is the most extensive in the industry, using a team of instructors/preparers that have been with the project since the first edition.
Part I: INTRODUCTION.
1. Ten Principles of Economics.
2. Thinking Like an Economist.
3. Interdependence and the Gains from Trade.
Part II: HOW MARKETS WORK.
4. The Market Forces of Supply and Demand.
5. Elasticity and Its Application.
6. Supply, Demand, and Government Policies.
Part III: MARKETS AND WELFARE.
7. Consumers, Producers, and the Efficiency of Markets.
8. Applications: The Costs of Taxation.
9. Application: International Trade.
Part IV: THE ECONOMICS OF THE PUBLIC SECTOR.
11. Public Goods and Common Resources.
12. The Design of the Tax System.
Part V: FIRM BEHAVIOR AND THE ORGANIZATION OF INDUSTRY.
13. The Costs of Production.
14. Firms in Competitive Markets.
16. Monopolistic Competition.
Part VI: THE ECONOMICS OF THE LABOR MARKET.
18. The Markets for the Factors of Production.
19. Earnings and Discrimination.
20. Income Inequality and Poverty.
Part VII: TOPICS FOR FURTHER STUDY.
21. The Theory of Consumer Choice.
22. Frontiers in Microeconomics.
Part VIII: THE DATA OF MACROECONOMICS.
23. Measuring a Nation's Income.
24. Measuring the Cost of Living.
Part IX: THE REAL ECONOMY IN THE LONG RUN.
25. Production and Growth.
26. Saving, Investment, and the Financial System.
27. Tools of Finance.
28. Unemployment and Its Natural Rate.
Part X: MONEY AND PRICES IN THE LONG RUN.
29. The Monetary System.
30. Money Growth and Inflation.
Part XI: THE MACROECONOMICS OF OPEN ECONOMICS.
31. Open-Economy Macroeconomics: Basic Concepts.
32. A Macroeconomic Theory of the Open Economy.
Part XII: SHORT-RUN ECONOMIC FLUCTUATIONS.
33. Aggregate Demand and Aggregate Supply.
34. The Influence of Monetary and Fiscal Policy on Aggregate Demand.
35. The Short-Run Tradeoff between Inflation and Unemployment.
Part XIII: FINAL THOUGHTS.
36. Six Debates over Macroeconomic Policy.
Choose the textbook packaged with the resources that best meet your course and student needs. Contact your Cengage Learning representative for more information.