Product Design For Engineers
- AUTHOR: Devdas Shetty
- ISBN-13: 9781133962045
- Grade(s): 9 | 10 | 11 | 12
- 538 Pages Hardcover
- 1st Edition
- ©2016 Published
- Prices are valid only in the respective region
Intended to serve as a primary text for Product Design, Capstone Design, or Design for Manufacturing, PRODUCT DESIGN FOR ENGINEERS explores techniques for managing innovation, entrepreneurship, and design. Students are introduced to the creative problem-solving method for product success through case studies that explore issues of design for assembly, disassembly, reliability, maintainability, and sustainability. The book's interdisciplinary approach, step-by-step coverage, and helpful illustrations and charts provide mechanical, industrial, aerospace, manufacturing, and automotive engineering students with everything they need to design cost-effective, innovative products that meet customer needs.
1. Product Design Process.
2. Customer Focus.
3. Creative Concept Generation and Evaluation.
4. Product Configuration and Design for Function.
5. Design Evaluation - Assessing Design Assembly.
6. Product Evaluation - Assessing Design for Disassembly and Maintenance.
7. Product Architecture - The Impact on Manufacturing.
8. Sustainable Product Design through Reliability.
9. Digital Manufacturing and Virtual Product Prototyping.
10. Additional Case Studies.