- AUTHORS: C. Donald Ahrens; Robert Henson
- ISBN-13: 9781305113589
- Grade(s): 9 | 10 | 11 | 12
- 656 Pages Hardcover
- 11th Edition
- ©2016 Published
- Prices are valid only in the respective region
Meteorologist C. Donald Ahrens and new co-author Robert Henson combine the latest in weather, climate, and earth science to introduce students to METEOROLOGY TODAY, 11th Edition. Grounded in the scientific method, this engaging and highly visual text shows students how to observe, calculate, and synthesize information as budding scientists, systematically analyzing meteorological concepts and issues. Specific discussions center on severe weather systems, such as tornadoes, thunderstorms, and hurricanes, as well as everyday elements, such as wind, precipitation, condensation, masses and fronts, and the seasons. Events and issues dominating today's news cycles also receive thorough attention, and include analysis of Superstorm Sandy, the Oklahoma tornadoes, recent findings from the US National Climate Assessment and the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, and more. METEOROLOGY TODAY, 11th Edition is a dynamic learning tool packed with self-testing features such as end-of-chapter summaries, key terms, review questions, exercises and problems, live animations, web links—and even a full online course from MindTap™, complete with interactive tools that take student learning to atmospheric heights.
1. Earth and Its Atmosphere.
2. Energy: Warming the Earth and the Atmosphere.
3. Seasonal and Daily Temperatures.
4. Atmospheric Humidity.
5. Condensation: Dew, Fog, and Clouds.
6. Stability and Cloud Development.
8. Air Pressure and Winds.
9. Wind: Small-Scale and Local Systems.
10. Wind: Global Systems.
11. Air Masses and Fronts.
12. Middle-Latitude Cyclones.
13. Weather Forecasting.
17. Earth's Changing Climate.
18. Global Climate.
19. Air Pollution.
20. Light, Color, and Atmospheric Optics.
Choose the textbook packaged with the resources that best meet your course and student needs. Contact your Cengage Learning representative for more information.