Welding: Principles and Applications
- AUTHOR: Larry Jeffus
- ISBN-13: 9781305494695
- Grade(s): 9 | 10 | 11 | 12
- 976 Pages Hardcover
- 8th Edition | Previous Editions: 2012
- ©2017 Published
- Prices are valid only in the respective region
This proven guide provides students with the knowledge and skills they need to complete AWS SENSE Level I and Level II programs, create Workmanship Qualification Specimens, and earn professional certification. Advancing rapidly from basic concepts and processes to today’s most complex, cutting-edge welding technologies and practices, this comprehensive text features valuable information on topics such as welding metallurgy, metal fabrication, weld testing and inspection, joint design, job costing, and environmental and conservation tips. The author opens each section by introducing students to the materials, equipment, setup procedures, and critical safety information they need to execute a specific process successfully, while subsequent chapters focus on individual welding tasks leading to SENSE certification. Now with MindTap for Welding, complete with simulation and up-to-date welding videos.
1. Introduction to Welding.
2. Safety in Welding.
3. Shielded Metal Arc Equipment, Setup, and Operation.
4. Shielded Metal Arc Welding of Plate.
5. Shielded Metal Arc Welding of Pipe.
6. Shielded Metal Arc Welding AWS SENSE Certification.
7. Flame Cutting.
8. Plasma Arc Cutting.
9. Related Cutting Processes.
10. Gas Metal Arc Welding Equipment, Setup, and Operation.
11. Gas Metal Arc Welding.
12. Flux Cored Arc Welding Equipment, Setup, and Operation.
13. Flux Cored Arc Welding.
14. Gas Metal Arc and Flux Cored Arc Welding of Pipe.
15. Gas Metal Arc and Flux Cored Arc Welding AWS SENSE Certification.
16. Gas Tungsten Arc Welding Equipment, Setup, and Operation.
17. Gas Tungsten Arc Welding of Plate.
18. Gas Tungsten Arc Welding of Pipe.
19. Gas Tungsten Arc Welding Plate and Pipe AWS SENSE Certification.
20. Shop Math and Weld Cost.
21. Reading Technical Drawings.
22. Welding Joint Design and Welding Symbols.
23. Fabricating Techniques and Practices.
24. Welding Codes and Standards.
25. Testing and Inspection.
26. Welding Metallurgy.
27. Weldability of Metals.
28. Filler Metal Selection.
29. Welding Automation and Robotics.
30. Other Welding Processes.
31. Oxyfuel Welding and Cutting Equipment, Setup, and Operation.
31. Oxyacetylene Welding.
32. Brazing, Braze Welding, and Soldering.