Delmar's Standard Textbook of Electricity
- AUTHOR: Stephen Herman
- ISBN-13: 9781285852706
- Grade(s): 9 | 10 | 11 | 12
- 1152 Pages Hardcover
- 6th Edition | Previous Editions: 2011
- ©2016 Published
- Prices are valid only in the respective region
Packed with high-quality photos and illustrations, DELMAR'S STANDARD TEXTBOOK OF ELECTRICITY, 6e combines comprehensive coverage of basic electrical theory with practical "how to" information that prepares readers for real-world practice. Known for its broad range of coverage, the text covers all aspects of basic theory principles new learners need to know-making it an excellent resource well beyond any introductory course. Its clear presentation uses schematics and large illustrations to bring concepts to life, while examples throughout demonstrate how to do common tasks electricians perform. Succinct units covering one or two topics make the book easy for students to understand-and easy for instructors to teach. The Sixth Edition is updated to the 2014 NEC; it is offered in an interactive online course mode called Mindtap that includes multi media assets, allows for customization and has a progress/reporting tool. The Sixth Edition also has new coverage of AC servo motors, AC torque motors, motor nameplate data, RL time constants, AC waveforms, and more.
Introduction: Electrical Occupations.
1. Atomic Structure.
2. Electrical Quantities and Ohm's Law.
3. Static Electricity.
6. Series Circuits.
7. Parallel Circuits.
8. Combination Circuits.
9. Kirchhoff's Law, Thevenin's and Norton's Theorems.
10. Measuring Instruments.
11. Using Wire Tables and Determining Conductor Sizes.
12. Conduction in Liquids and Gases.
13. Batteries and Other Sources of Electricity.
14. Magnetic Induction.
15. Basic Trigonometry and Vectors.
16. Alternating Current.
17. Inductance in Alternating Current Circuits.
18. Resistive-Inductive Series Circuits.
19. Resistive-Inductive Parallel Circuits.
21. Capacitance in Alternating Current Circuits.
22. Resistive-Capacitive Series Circuits.
23. Resistive-Capacitive Parallel Circuits.
24. Resistive-Inductive-Capacitive Series Circuits.
25. Resistive-Inductive-Capacitive Parallel Circuits.
27. Three-Phase Circuits.
28. Single-Phase Transformers.
29. Three-Phase Transformers.
30. Direct Current Generators.
31. Direct Current Motors.
32. Three-Phase Alternators.
33. Three-Phase Motors.
34. Single-Phase Motors.