Leadership: Theory, Application, & Skill Development
- AUTHORS: Robert N. Lussier; Christopher F. Achua
- ISBN-13: 9781285866352
- Grade(s): 9 | 10 | 11 | 12
- 528 Pages Paperback
- 6th Edition
- ©2016 Published
- Prices are valid only in the respective region
The most practical leadership textbook on the market, LEADERSHIP 6e uses a unique three-pronged approach to teach leadership concepts and theory. The authors combine traditional theory with cutting-edge leadership topics in a concise presentation packed with real-world examples. The text puts students in the leadership role, engaging them in applying the concepts and providing step-by-step behavior models for effectively handling leadership functions.
Part I: INDIVIDUALS AS LEADERS.
1. Who Is a Leader and What Skills Do Leaders Need?
2. Leadership Traits and Ethics.
3. Leadership Behavior and Motivation.
4. Contingency Leadership Theories.
5. Influencing: Power, Politics, Networking, and Negotiation.
Part II: TEAM LEADERSHIP.
6. Communication, Coaching, and Conflict Skills.
7. Leader-Member Exchange and Followership.
8. Team Leadership and Self-Managed Teams.
Part III: ORGANIZATIONAL LEADERSHIP.
9. Charismatic and Transformational Leadership.
10. Leadership of Culture, Ethics, and Diversity.
11. Strategic Leadership and Change Management.
12. Crisis Leadership and the Learning Organization.
Appendix: Leadership and Spirituality in the Workplace.