Table of Contents
PART I: DEPARTMENTALIZED ACCOUNTING.
1. Recording Departmental Purchases and Cash Payments.
2. Recording Departmental Sales and Cash Receipts.
3. Calculating and Recording Departmental Payroll Data.
4. Financial Reporting for a Departmentalized Business.
Reinforcement Activity 1: Processing and Reporting Departmentalized Accounting Data.
PART II: ACCOUNTING ADJUSTMENTS AND VALUATIONS.
5. Inventory Planning and Valuation.
6. Accounting for Uncollectible Accounts.
7. Accounting for Plant Assets.
8. Accounting for Notes Payable, Prepaid Expenses, and Accrued Expenses.
9. Accounting for Unearned Revenue, Accrued Revenue, and Installment Notes Receivable.
Reinforcement Activity 2: Processing Accounting Data for a Corporation.
PART III: CORPORATION ACCOUNTING.
10. Organizing a Corporation.
11. Corporate Dividends and Treasury Stock.
12. Accounting for Bonds.
13. Financial Reporting and Analysis for a Corporation.
14. Statement of Cash Flows.
Reinforcement Activity 3: Processing and Analyzing Accounting Data for a Corporation.
PART IV: MANAGEMENT ACCOUNTING.
15. Budgetary Planning and Control
16. Management Decision Making Using Cost-Volume-Profit Analysis.
17. : Job Order Costing.
18. Management Decision Making Using Differential Analysis.
19. Other Costing Methods.
Reinforcement Activity 4: Processing and Reporting Cost Accounting Data for a Manufacturing Business.
PART V: INTERNAL CONTROL AND OTHER ORGANIZATIONAL STRUCTURES.
20. Internal Control.
21. Organizational Structure of a Partnership.
22. Financial Reporting for a Partnership.
23. Budgeting and Accounting for a Not-for-Profit Organization.
24. Financial Reporting for a Not-for-Profit Organization.
Appendix A: Accounting Concepts.
Appendix B: Analyzing Home Depot's Financial Statements.
Appendix C: Recycling Problems.
Appendix D: Answers to Audit Your Understanding.