Electrical Grounding and Bonding
- AUTHOR: Phil Simmons
- ISBN-13: 9781133948605
- Grade(s): 9 | 10 | 11 | 12
- 384 Pages Paperback
- 4th Edition | Previous Editions: 2012, 2008, 2005
- ©2015 Published
- Prices are valid only in the respective region
This user-friendly, practical guide provides a thorough and effective introduction to the essentials of electrical grounding and bonding. Written in accordance with the 2014 National Electrical Code®, ELECTRICAL GROUNDING AND BONDING, Fourth Edition, features complete, up-to-date coverage of Article 250 requirements. The text's detailed explanations, real-world examples, and vibrant, full-color illustrations help readers master and apply key electrical concepts such as calculating conductor sizes, reading and interpreting NEC® tables, using grounded conductor connections in DC and AC systems, managing installations and sizing, and applying "green" practices for energy efficiency and environmental sustainability. Ideal for students in degree programs, apprenticeships, and professional training such as IEC and NJATC courses, this proven guide is a must-have resource for career success.
Introduction to Grounding and Bonding.
2. System Grounding.
3. Grounding Electrode System and Grounding Electrode Conductor.
4. Enclosure, Raceway, and Service Cable Connections.
6. Equipment Grounding and Equipment Grounding Conductors.
7. Methods of Equipment Grounding.
8. Grounding of Specific Equipment Covered in Chapter 5 of the NEC®.
Appendix A: Some Fundamentals of Equipment-Grounding Circuit Design.
Appendix B: Investigation and Testing of Footing-Type Grounding Electrodes for Electrical Installations.
Appendix C: Understanding Ground Resistance Testing.
Appendix D: Report of Research on Conduit Fitting Ground-Fault Current.