Television Production Handbook
- AUTHOR: Herbert Zettl
- ISBN-13: 9780495898849
- Grade(s): 9 | 10 | 11 | 12
- 592 Pages Hardcover
- 11th Edition | Previous Editions: 2009, 2006, 2003
- ©2012 Published
- Prices are valid only in the respective region
In Herbert Zettl's field-defining text TELEVISION PRODUCTION HANDBOOK, the author emphasizes how production proceeds in the digital age -- from idea to image -- and how it moves through the three major phases, from preproduction to production to postproduction. In this context, Zettl describes the necessary tools, considers what they can and cannot do, and explains how they are used to ensure maximum efficiency and effectiveness. This edition also features the latest digital equipment and production techniques, including HDV and HDTV.
PART I: INTRODUCTION: PROCESS AND SYSTEM.
1. The Television Production Process.
PART II: PREPRODUCTION.
2. The Producer in Preproduction.
3. The Script.
4. The Director in Preproduction.
PART III: PRODUCTION.
5. Analog and Digital Television.
6. The Television Camera.
8. Camera Operation and Picture Composition.
9. Audio: Sound Pickup.
10. Audio: Sound Control.
12. Techniques of Television Lighting.
14. Switching, or Instantaneous Editing.
16. Television Talent.
17. The Director in Production.
18. Field Production and Big Remotes.
PART IV: POSTPRODUCTION.
19. Postproduction Editing: How It Works.
20. Editing Functions and Principles.