Discovering Computers: Essentials
- AUTHOR: Misty E. Vermaat
- ISBN-13: 9781285161785
- Grade(s): 9 | 10 | 11 | 12
- 350 Pages Paperback
- 1st Edition | Previous Editions: 2013, 2012, 2011
- ©2014 Published
- Prices are valid only in the respective region
Based on extensive customer feedback, DISCOVERING COMPUTERS ©2014 has been completely reexamined and revised to reflect the evolving needs of the concepts portion of the Introductory Computing course. This exciting new edition maintains many longstanding hallmarks, but is now highly focused on relevancy to provide students only with what they really need to know to be successful digital citizens in college and beyond. To better reflect the importance of certain topics in today's digital world, coverage of enterprise computing, ethics, Internet research skills, mobile computing, operating systems (other than Windows), browsers, security, and Web 2.0 has been expanded and integrated. New critical thinking and problem solving exercises are included in every feature throughout the text, engaging students in regular practice of higher-order thinking skills. In addition, students have more opportunity for hands-on practice with the completely revised end-of-chapter activities. With these enhancements and more, the new DISCOVERING COMPUTERS is an even more engaging teaching and learning tool for your classroom.
1. Digital Literacy: Introducing a World of Technology.
2. The Internet: Accessing, Searching, Sharing, and Communicating.
3. Computers and Mobile Devices: Evaluating the Possibilities.
4. Programs and Apps: Using Software at Work, School, and Home.
5. Digital Safety and Security: Identifying Threats, Issues, and Defenses.
Appendix - Acronym Reference.