Computerized Engine Controls
- AUTHOR: Steve V. Hatch
- ISBN-13: 9781111134907
- Grade(s): 9 | 10 | 11 | 12
- 704 Pages Paperback
- 9th Edition | Previous Editions: 2009, 2006, 2004
- ©2012 Published
- Prices are valid only in the respective region
Delivering solid coverage of both domestic and imports, COMPUTERIZED ENGINE CONTROLS, 9e equips readers with the foundational knowledge needed to successfully diagnose and repair vehicle electronic systems. Reflecting the latest technological advances from the field, the Ninth Edition offers updated and expanded coverage of the approach of diagnostics, air/fuel ratio sensors, OBD II, and much more. This text includes in-depth insight into such cutting-edge topics as hybrid and fuel cell vehicles, GM’s 42-volt system, hexadecimal conversion, multiplexing, and logic gates. Key concepts are reinforced with ASE-style, end-of-chapter questions to familiarize readers with the types of questions they are likely to see in certification testing.
1. A Review of Electricity and Electronics.
2. Computers in Cars.
3. Common Components for Computerized Engine Control Systems.
4. Common Operating System Principles for Computerized Engine Control Systems.
5. Diagnostic Concepts.
6. Diagnostic Equipment.
7. Exhaust Gas Analysis.
8. Understanding OBD II.
9. Multiplexing Concepts.
10. General Motor’s Electronic Engine Controls.
11. Advanced General Motor’s Engine Controls.
12. Ford’s Electronic Control IV (EEC IV).
13. Ford’s Electronic Control V (EEC V).
14. Chrysler Corporation Fuel Injection Systems.
15. European (Bosch) Engine Control Systems.
16. Asian Computer Control Systems.
17. Alternative Power Sources.
18. Approach to Diagnostics.