General, Organic, and Biological Chemistry
- AUTHOR: H. Stephen Stoker
- ISBN-13: 9781285853918
- Grade(s): 9 | 10 | 11 | 12
- 1232 Pages Hardcover
- 7th Edition | Previous Editions: 2013
- ©2016 Published
- Prices are valid only in the respective region
Emphasizing the applications of chemistry and minimizing complicated mathematics, GENERAL, ORGANIC, AND BIOLOGICAL CHEMISTRY, 7E is written throughout to help students succeed in the course and master the biochemistry content so important to their future careers. The Six Edition's clear explanations, visual support, and effective pedagogy combine to make the text ideal for allied health majors. Early chapters focus on fundamental chemical principles while later chapters build on the foundations of these principles. Mathematics is introduced at point-of-use and only as needed.
PART I: GENERAL CHEMISTRY.
1. Basic Concepts About Matter.
2. Measurements in Chemistry.
3. Atomic Structure and the Periodic Table.
4. Chemical Bonding: The Ionic Bond Model.
5. Chemical Bonding: The Covalent Bond Model.
6. Chemical Calculations: Formula Masses, Moles, and Chemical Equations.
7. Gases, Liquids, and Solids.
9. Chemical Reactions.
10. Acids, Bases, and Salts.
11. Nuclear Chemistry.
PART II: ORGANIC CHEMISTRY.
12. Saturated Hydrocarbons.
13. Unsaturated Hydrocarbons.
14. Alcohols, Phenols, and Ethers.
15. Aldehydes and Ketones.
16. Carboxylic Acids, Esters, and Other Acid Derivatives.
17. Amines and Amides.
PART III: BIOLOGICAL CHEMISTRY.
21. Enzymes and Vitamins.
22. Nucleic Acids.
23. Biochemical Energy Production.
24. Carbohydrate Metabolism.
25. Lipid Metabolism.
26. Protein Metabolism.
Answers to Selected Exercises