Table of Contents
1. Introduction to Materials Science and Engineering.
2. Atomic Structure.
3. Atomic and Ionic Arrangements.
4. Imperfections in the Atomic and Ionic Arrangements.
5. Atom and Ion Movements in Materials
6. Mechanical Properties: Part One.
7. Mechanical Properties: Part Two.
8. Strain Hardening and Annealing.
9. Principles of Solidification.
10. Solid Solutions and Phase Equilibrium.
11. Dispersion Strengthening and Eutectic Phase Diagrams.
12. Dispersion Strengthening by Phase Transformations and Heat Treatment.
13. Heat Treatment of Steels and Cast Irons.
14. Nonferrous Alloys.
15. Ceramic Materials.
17. Composites: Teamwork and Synergy in Materials.
18. Construction Materials.
19. Electronic Materials.
20. Magnetic Materials.
21. Photonic Materials/
22. Thermal Properties of Materials.
23. Corrosion and Wear.
Appendix A: Selected Physical Properties of Materials.
Appendix B: The Atomic and Ionic Radii of Selected Elements.