Phlebotomy Skills Video Review Printed Access Card
- AUTHOR: Lynn B. Hoeltke
- ISBN-13: 9780840023094
- Grade(s): 9 | 10 | 11 | 12
- Mixed Media
- 1st Edition
- ©2014 Published
- Prices are valid only in the respective region
CENGAGE'S PHLEBOTOMY VIDEO SKILLS REVIEW portrays the most common and important phlebotomy-related tasks in a stimulating video format. Approximately 70 minutes in total running time, 14 skills-based video segments cover a variety of procedures for blood and other specimen collections, while emphasizing safety, accuracy, efficiency, and patient comfort. Novices will appreciate seeing phlebotomists on the job, interacting and communicating with real patients in the real world. Ideal for students in health care programs as well as professionals working in hospitals, laboratories, or outpatient settings, PHLEBOTOMY VIDEO SKILLS REVIEW is a helpful tool for learning, a refresher, or continuing education in phlebotomy.
Part 1. INTRODUCTION TO PHLEBOTOMY.
1. Phlebotomy Overview: Patient Relations.
2. Phlebotomy Technique: Beginning Procedure Actions.
3. Phlebotomy Technique: Ending Procedure Actions.
Part 2.VENIPUNCTURE, BUTTERFLY AND CAPILLARY PUNCTURES.
4. Venipuncture: Evacuated Tube.
5. Venipuncture: Butterfly- Evacuated Tube.
6. Venipuncture Butterfly Syringe
7. Fingerstick Capillary Puncture.
8. Heelstick Capillary Puncture.
9. Venipuncture: Blood Culture Collection.
10. Venipuncture: Child Immobilization Techniques.
Part 3. NON-BLOOD SAMPLE COLLECTIONS AND SPECIAL PROCEDURE.
11. Clean Catch Midstream Urine Collection.
12. Collection of a 24-Hour Urine Specimen.
13. Fecal Sample Collection.
14. Throat Culture Collection.
15. Sputum Collection.