Practical Computer Literacy
- AUTHORS: June Jamrich Parsons; Dan Oja
- ISBN-13: 9780538742153
- Grade(s): 9 | 10 | 11 | 12
- 438 Pages Paperback
- 3rd Edition | Previous Editions: 2010, 2005
- ©2011 Published
- Prices are valid only in the respective region
PRACTICAL COMPUTER LITERACY, Third Edition, provides clear, comprehensive instruction on the basics of computer literacy. This convenient, reader-friendly text integrates computer concepts, Microsoft Office 2010 applications, and Internet essentials within a streamlined package. Concise lessons within each chapter, usually one page in length, are presented in an appealing Frequently Asked Questions format and include full-color screenshots or diagrams. Additionally, the textbook comes with a robust BookOnCD, which is a digital version of the textbook that brings the book to life with videos, animated diagrams, software tours and provides assessment opportunities via WebTrack technology.
1. Computer Hardware.
2. Peripheral Devices.
3. System and Application Software.
4. Installing Software.
5. Getting Started with Windows 7.
6. Working with Windows Settings and Accounts.
7. Working with Files.
8. Getting Started with Application Software.
9. Creating a Document.
10. Formatting a Document.
11. Finalizing a Document.
12. Creating a Worksheet.
13. Formatting a Worksheet.
14. Finalizing a Worksheet.
15. Creating a Presentation.
16. Finalizing a Presentation.
17. Creating a Database.
18. Finalizing a Database.
20. Working with E-Mail.
21. Browsing the Web.
22. Computer Benefits and Risks.
23. Introduction to Projects.
24. Submitting an Assignment as a Printout or on a Removable Storage Device.
25. Submitting an Assignment as an E-mail Attachment.
26. Microsoft Office 2007 Configuration.
27. Windows and File Management Projects.
28. Projects for Windows Application Basics.
29. Projects for Microsoft Word.
30. Projects for Microsoft Excel.
31. Projects for Microsoft PowerPoint.
32. Projects for Microsoft Access.
33. E-mail Projects.
34. Web Projects.