Hands-On Microsoft® Windows® Server 2016
- AUTHOR: Michael Palmer
- ISBN-13: 9781305078628
- 624 Pages Paperback
- 2nd Edition | Previous Editions: 2009
- ©2018 Published
- Prices are valid only in the respective region
HANDS-ON MICROSOFT® WINDOWS® SERVER 2016 is the perfect resource for learning Windows® Server 2016 from the ground up. Designed to build a foundation in basic server administration, this book requires no previous server experience. It covers all of the critical Windows® Server 2016 features, including the advantages unique to this new server operating system. Your students learn how to choose the right server edition for their needs. They also learn to install, configure, customize, manage, and troubleshoot servers most effectively. If your students are new to server administration, this book provides the background and knowledge they need to manage servers on small to large networks. If they are experienced server administrators, this book provides a quick option for getting up to speed on new Windows® Server 2016 administration.
1. Introduction to Windows Server 2016.
2. Installing Windows Server 2016.
3. Configuring the Windows® Server 2016 Environment.
4. Introduction to Active Directory and Account Management.
5. Configuring, Managing, and Troubleshooting Resource Access.
6. Configuring Windows® Server 2016 Printing.
7. Configuring and Managing Data Storage.
8. Managing Windows® Server 2016 Network Services.
9. Configuring Remote Access Services.
10. Securing Windows® Server 2016.
11. Server and Network Monitoring.
12. Managing System Reliability and Availability.
Appendix A: Windows® Server 2016 Virtualization and Hyper-V.
Appendix B: Sample Windows® PowerShell Cmdlets.