Today's Technician: Automatic Transmissions and Transaxles Classroom Manual and Shop Manual
- AUTHORS: Jack Erjavec; Ken Pickerill
- ISBN-13: 9781305259379
- 1072 Pages Paperback
- 6th Edition
- ©2016 Published
- Prices are valid only in the respective region
Keeping pace with industry trends and needs across the country,TODAY'S TECHNICIAN: AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSIONS AND TRANSAXLES, 6e consists of a Classroom Manual that provides easy-to-understand, well-illustrated coverage of theory and a Shop Manual that focuses on practical, NATEF task-oriented service procedures. Taking a technician-oriented focus, the book helps students master the design, construction, troubleshooting techniques, and procedures necessary for industry careers and provides hands-on practice in using scanners and oscilloscopes to help them develop critical thinking skills, diagnose problems, and make effective repairs. The Sixth Edition offers up-to-date coverage of continuously variable transmissions (CVT), drivelines for front-wheel drive (FWD) and four-wheel drive (4WD) vehicles, and provides the latest information on today's high-tech electronic controls and automatic shifting devices.
1. Drive Train Basics.
2. Drive Train Theory.
3. General Theories of Operation.
4. Transmission Electronics.
5. Transmission Designs.
6. Torque Converters and Oil Pumps.
7. Hydraulic and Electronic Controls.
8. Gears and Shafts.
9. Reaction And Friction Units.
10. Common Automatic Transmissions.
2. Special Tools and Procedures.
3. Diagnosis, Maintenance, and Basic Adjustments.
4. Electrical and Electronic System Diagnosis and Service.
5. Rebuilding Transmissions.
6. Torque Converter and Oil Pump Service.
7. General Hydraulic System Service.
8. Gear and Shaft Service.
9. Friction And Reaction Unit Service.
10. Rebuilding Common Transmissions.
Appendix A: ASE Practice Examination.
Appendix B: Automatic Transmission Special Tool Suppliers.
Appendix C: Metric Conversions.