Strategic Management Communication for Leaders
- AUTHOR: Robyn Walker
- ISBN-13: 9781133933755
- Grade(s): 9 | 10 | 11 | 12
- 432 Pages Paperback
- 3rd Edition | Previous Editions: 2011, 2006
- ©2015 Published
- Prices are valid only in the respective region
STRATEGIC MANAGEMENT COMMUNICATION is based upon an alternative theoretical foundation grounded in theory but with connections to communication in the world of business. STRATEGIC MANAGEMENT COMMUNICATION shows students how various business courses are related and highlights communication as a practice that is applicable to all business situations regardless of the discipline, department, or organizational level at which it takes place.
1. What is Strategic Communication?
PART I: THE STRATEGIC COMMUNICATION PROCESS.
2. Foundations of Communication.
3. Step One: Identify the Purposes of Communication.
4. Step Two: Analyze the Audience.
5. Steps Three and Four: Consider the Context and Select a Channel of Communication.
PART II: COMMUNICATION TACTICS FOR DIFFERING CHANNELS AND CONTEXTS.
6. Communicating in Writing.
7. Communicating in Oral Presentations and Managing Meetings.
8. Preparing Employment Messages.
9. Communicating with Employees.
10. Communicating in and Leading Teams.
11. Strategic Organizational Communication.
Appendix A: Model Documents.
Appendix B: Common Writing Errors: Punctuation,
Sentence Structure and Usage.