Table of Contents
PART I: SERVICE FACILITIES AND THE SERVICE CONSULTANT.
1. Types of Automotive Service Facilities, Professional Credentials, and Profit.
2. The Role of the Service Consultant, Parts Specialist, and Warranty Administrator.
3. The Team Approach: Business Operations and Repair Order Tracking.
4. Computerized Shop Management Systems.
5. Checking Vehicle and Customer Records.
6. Working with Warranties, Service Contracts, Service Bulletins, and Campaigns/Recalls.
PART II: COMMUNICATIONS: CUSTOMER RELATIONS.
7. Electronic Communications, Websites, and Social Networks.
8. Personal Communication: From the Greeting to the Presentation of the Invoice.
9. Working Out Service Details with Customers.
10. Prioritizing Repair Needs.
11. Closing a Sale.
PART III: COMMUNICATION: CUSTOMER DELIVERY AND FOLLOW UP.
12. Writing for the Technician.
13. Workflow and Efficient Shop Operations.
14. Customer Relations: Sales, Follow-Ups, and Promotions.
PART IV: COMMUNICATION: CUSTOMER DELIVERY AND FOLLOW UP.
15. Assistant Service Manager Duties.
16. A positive Work Environment for Efficient Business Performance.
17. Analysis of Shop Operations and Business Performance.
18. Service Facility Business Start Up and Ownership.
Appendix ASE (C1) Task List: Service Consultant.