Introduction to Psychology: Gateways to Mind and Behavior
- AUTHORS: Dennis Coon; John O. Mitterer
- ISBN-13: 9781305091870
- Grade(s): 9 | 10 | 11 | 12
- 736 Pages Hardcover
- 14th Edition
- ©2016 Published
- Prices are valid only in the respective region
INTRODUCTION TO PSYCHOLOGY: GATEWAYS TO MIND AND BEHAVIOR, 14th Edition attracts and holds the attention of even difficult-to-reach students. The book's hallmark continues to be its pioneering integration of the proven-effective SQ4R learning system (Survey, Question, Read, Reflect, Review, Recite), which promotes critical thinking and guides students step-by-step to an understanding of psychology's broad concepts and diversity of topics. Every chapter contains active learning tools and relatable examples in a discussion style, all while presenting cutting-edge coverage of the field's newest research findings. Excellent media resources-including MindTap™ Psychology, a personalized online learning experience based on the book's content-ensure that students find the study of psychology fascinating, relevant, and above all, accessible.
1. Psychology, Critical Thinking, and Science.
2. Brain and Behavior.
3. Human Development.
4. Sensation and Perception.
5. States of Consciousness.
6. Conditioning and Learning.
8. Cognition, Language, and Creativity.
10. Motivation and Emotion.
11. Sex, Gender, and Sexuality.
13. Health, Stress, and Coping.
14. Psychological Disorders.
16. Social Thinking and Social Influence.
17. Prosocial and Antisocial Behavior.
18. Applied Psychology.
Appendix: Behavioral Statistics.