- AUTHOR: R.O. (Rick) Parker, Ph.D
- ISBN-13: 9781111138776
- Grade(s): 9 | 10 | 11 | 12
- 608 Pages Hardcover
- 4th Edition | Previous Editions: 2008, 2003, 1998
- ©2013 Published
- Prices are valid only in the respective region
EQUINE SCIENCE, 4th Edition imparts students with the basic understanding of horses necessary to be successful in equine care and management. Richly illustrated in full color, the book uses a logical, easy-to-follow outline to make both learning and lesson planning simple, while addressing essential topics like care and feeding, training, development and reproduction, illness, inheritance, and the history of horses. Bursting with helpful features, EQUINE SCIENCE, 4th Edition piques student interest with detailed graphics and photos, as well as informational sidebars, website references, and end-of chapter activities that test their knowledge of the material. Future equine professionals will especially appreciate the glossary of terms at the end of the text, as well as the appendix, which includes useful conversion factors and worksheets and provides contact information for professional organizations.
1. History and Development of the Horse.
2. Status and Future of the Horse Industry.
3. Breeds, Types, and Classes of Horses.
4. Cells, Tissues, and Organs.
5. Functional Anatomy.
6. Biomechanics of Movement.
8. Selecting and Judging Horses.
9. Determining Age, Height, and Weight of Horses.
11. Reproduction and Breeding.
12. Digestion and Nutrition.
13. Feeds and Feeding Horses.
14. Health Management.
15. Parasite Control.
16. Common Management Practices.
17. Shoeing and Hoof Care.
18. Buildings and Equipment.
19. Horse Behavior and Training.
21. Business Aspects.
22. Career Opportunities.