- AUTHORS: Michael E. Brumbach; Jeffrey A. Clade
- ISBN-13: 9781133131199
- Grade(s): 9 | 10 | 11 | 12
- 736 Pages Hardcover
- 2nd Edition | Previous Editions: 2004
- ©2014 Published
- Prices are valid only in the respective region
INDUSTRIAL MAINTENANCE, Second Edition, provides a strong foundation in all five major areas of industrial maintenance, including general, mechanical, electrical, welding, and preventive maintenance. In addition to essential information on safety, tools, industrial print reading, and electrical theory, this comprehensive text includes a detailed exploration of modern machinery and equipment to help students understand, diagnose, troubleshoot, and maintain a wide variety of industrial machines. INDUSTRIAL MAINTENANCE features a visually appealing, new full-color design and more than 700 vivid photos and illustrations to engage students' interest and enhance their understanding. This text has also been thoroughly updated and revised to reflect recent developments in this dynamic, rapidly evolving field, including current piping and fluid power symbols, rigging and mechanical installations, magnetism, transformers, motors and sensors, and industrial communications. With comprehensive, up-to-date coverage and a reader-friendly, modular presentation, INDUSTRIAL MAINTENANCE is the perfect resource to prepare students for success as industrial maintenance technicians.
Part I: GENERAL KNOWLEDGE.
4. Industrial Print Reading.
Part II: MECHANICAL KNOWLEDGE.
5. Mechanical Power Transmission.
7. Coupled Shaft Alignment.
9. Seals and Packing.
10. Pumps and Compressors.
11. Fluid Power.
12. Piping Systems.
Part III: ELECTRICAL KNOWLEDGE.
13. Electrical Fundamentals.
14. Test Equipment.
15. Electrical Circuits.
16. Wiring Methods.
17. Transformers and Power Distribution.
18. Electrical Machinery.
19. Control and Controlled Devices.
20. Motor Control Circuits.
21. Basic Industrial Electronics.
22. Electronic Variable Speed Drives.
23. Programmable Logic Controllers.
24. Industrial Communications
Part IV: WELDING KNOWLEDGE.
26. Gas Welding.
27. Arc Welding.
Part V: PREVENTIVE MAINTENANCE.
28. Preventive Maintenance - Developing and Implementing.
29. Mechanical PMs.
30. Electrical PMs.