Nutrition & Diet Therapy
- AUTHOR: Ruth A. Roth
- ISBN-13: 9781133960508
- Grade(s): 9 | 10 | 11 | 12
- 608 Pages Paperback
- 11th Edition | Previous Editions: 2011
- ©2014 Published
- Prices are valid only in the respective region
NUTRITION & DIET THERAPY11E is an updated introduction to the essentials of nutrition concepts, good health and client care that will provide your nursing students with a solid foundation in nutrition. This book addresses misconceptions presented in the media about the link between good nutrition and good health and will enable your students to more effectively help their clients improve their nutrition and overall health. NUTRITION & DIET THERAPY 11E is organized around three simple concepts. Section One covers the fundamentals of nutrition, Section Two explains how to maintain good health through nutrition and Section Three addresses the nutrition therapy concepts nurses need to know.
1. The Relationship of Nutrition and Health.
2. Planning a Healthy Diet.
3. Digestion, Absorption, and Metabolism.
5. Lipids (Fats).
10. Foodborne Illnesses and Allergies.
11. Nutrition during Pregnancy and Lactation.
12. Nutrition during Infancy.
13. Nutrition for Children and Adolescents.
14. Nutrition during Young and Middle Adulthood.
15. Nutrition during Late Adulthood.
16. Weight Management across the Lifecycle.
17. Diet and Diabetes Mellitus.
18. Diet and Cardiovascular Disease.
19. Diet and Renal Disease.
20. Diet and Gastrointestinal Problems.
21. Diet and Cancer.
22. Diet and Clients with Special Needs.
23. Nutritional Care of Clients.