Table of Contents
SECTION I: INTRODUCTION TO CODING.
1. Introduction to Coding and Coding Professions.
2. An Overview of ICD-9-CM.
3. ICD-9-CM Volume Organization.
4. ICD-9-CM Coding Conventions and Steps in Coding.
5. Coding Guidelines.
SECTION II: ICD-9-CM DIAGNOSTIC CODING.
6: Infectious and Parasitic Diseases.
8. Endocrine, Nutritional, and Metabolic Diseases and Immunity Disorders.
9. Diseases of the Blood and Blood-Forming Organs.
10. Mental Disorders.
11. Diseases of the Nervous System and Sense Organs.
12. Diseases of the Circulatory System.
13. Diseases of the Respiratory System.
14. Diseases of the Digestive System.
15. Diseases of the Genitourinary System.
16. Complications of Pregnancy, Childbirth, and Puerperium.
17. Diseases of the Skin and Subcutaneous Tissue.
18. Diseases of the Musculoskeletal System and Connective Tissue.
19. Congenital Anomalies.
20. Certain Conditions Originating in the Perinatal Period.
21. Symptoms, Signs, and Ill-Defined Conditions.
22. Injury and Poisoning.
23. V Codes--Supplementary Classification of Factors Influencing Health Status and Contact with Health Services.
24. E Codes--Supplementary Classification of External Causes of Injury and Poisoning.
SECTION III: ICD-9-CM PROCEDURAL CODING.
25. Introduction to ICD-9-CM Coding.
26. Operations in the Nervous System.
27. Operations on the Endocrine System.
28. Operations on the Eye.
29. Operations on the Ear.
30. Operations on the Nose, Mouth, and Pharynx.
31. Operations on the Respiratory System.
32. Operations on the Cardiovascular System.
33. Operations on the Hemic and Lymphatic System.
34. Operations on the Digestive System.
35. Operations on the Urinary System.
36. Operations on the Male Genital Organs.
37. Operations on the Female Genital Organs.
38. Operations and Obstetrical Procedures.
39. Operations on the Musculoskeletal System.
40. Operations on the Integumentary System.
41. Miscellaneous Procedures and Interventions.
42. ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS.
Appendix A: ICD-9-CM Official Coding Guidelines for Coding and reporting.
Appendix B: Anatomical Diagrams.
Appendix C: Partial Answer Key to Textbook Exercises.
Appendix D: Exercises for EncoderPro.