Beginning Essentials in Early Childhood Education
- AUTHORS: Ann Gordon; Kathryn Williams Browne
- ISBN-13: 9781305089037
- Grade(s): 9 | 10 | 11 | 12
- 256 Pages Paperback
- 3rd Edition
- ©2016 Published
- Prices are valid only in the respective region
BEGINNING ESSENTIALS IN EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATION, Third Edition, is a streamlined foundations textbook that introduces early childhood students to the field. This unique text is organized to answer four key questions: What is the field? Who is the child? Who is the teacher? and What is being taught? The four sections address the essentials of early childhood education, emphasizing multiculturalism and developmentally appropriate practice. New to this edition, “Teacher Talk” boxes are first-person accounts from teachers who reflect on their experiences in the classroom and provide valuable, applicable advice for those entering the profession. In addition, “Brain Research” boxes showcase some of the most important aspects of brain research and development today, connecting it to the classroom. Other features include special boxed material that highlights key issues related to standards, diversity, DAP, professionalism, and ethics. Video features introduce videos of actual early childhood settings that are available on the accompanying website, an invaluable resource that provides instructors and students with opportunities for reflection as well as for personal and professional development.
1. History and Current Issues of Early Childhood Education.
2. Types of Programs.
3. Defining the Young Child.
4. Developmental and Learning Theories.
5. Teaching: A Professional Commitment.
6. Observation and Assessment: Learning to Read the Child.
7. Guidance Essentials.
8. Families and Teachers: An Essential Partnership.
9. Creating Environments.
10. Curriculum Essentials.