Body Structures and Functions
- AUTHORS: Ann Senisi Scott; Elizabeth Fong
- ISBN-13: 9781305511361
- Grade(s): 9 | 10 | 11 | 12
- 544 Pages Hardcover
- 13th Edition
- ©2017 Published
- Prices are valid only in the respective region
Clear, concise, and current, BODY STRUCTURES AND FUNCTION, 13E provides a thorough introduction to the basics required for the study of the human body and how it functions. This book walks students step by step from a general introduction to life functions, the terminology, and phonetic pronunciations used to describe body parts and their locations, to an overall review of human development and body processes. Figures and tables provide a good visual illustration to make difficult material easier to understand. A new Media link feature directs students to 3D anatomy, physiology, and pathophysiology. The One Body feature describes the interrelationship between all body systems. Career Profiles give students insight into growing health care professions. In addition, diseases and disorders are integrated within each body system chapter to link physiology with anatomy. Throughout the text, highlights and features that emphasize clinical applications make learning fun and engaging.
1. Introduction to the Structural Units.
2. Chemistry of Living Things.
4. Tissues and Membranes.
5. Integumentary System.
6. Skeletal System.
7. Muscular System.
8. Central Nervous System.
9. Peripheral and Autonomic Nervous System.
10. Special Senses.
11. Endocrine System.
14. Circulation and Blood Vessels.
15. The Lymphatic System and Immunity.
16. Infection Control and Standard Precautions.
17. Respiratory System.
18. Digestive System.
20. Urinary/Excretory System.
21. Reproductive System.
22. Genetics and Genetically Linked Diseases.