HVACR 401: Heat Pumps
- AUTHOR: John Hohman
- ISBN-13: 9781428340022
- Grade(s): 9 | 10 | 11 | 12
- 400 Pages Paperback
- 1st Edition
- ©2012 Published
- Prices are valid only in the respective region
HVACR 401: HEAT PUMPS sets itself apart from other books on the market with its emphasis on the service technician perspective, instead of the design engineer viewpoint. The book begins with a review of the refrigeration cycle in comfort conditioning, and gradually progresses to more in-depth topics, including electrical schematics, maintenance, geothermal heat pumps, and troubleshooting case studies. With content that has been closely reviewed and revised in conjunction with the most respected national organizations in the HVACR industry (ACCA, PHCC, and RSES), this will prove to be a valuable teaching tool that offers your students a wide range of critical concepts, presented in a clear, straightforward manner that facilitates comprehension and encourages them to apply their knowledge. Check out our app, DEWALT® Mobile Pro™. This free app is a construction calculator with integrated reference materials and access to hundreds of additional calculations as add-ons. To learn more, visit dewalt.com/mobilepro.
1. Review of the Refrigeration Cycle in Comfort Conditioning (The One Way Heat Pump).
2. Reversing the Cycle.
3.The Outdoor Unit as the Heat Absorber.
4. The Indoor Unit as a Heat Rejector.
5. The Heat Pump Thermostat.
6. Heat Pump Components.
9. Specific Defrost.
10. Electrical Schematics.
11. Heat Pump Installation (Air Source).
12. Scheduled Maintenance.
13. Troubleshooting Case Studies.
14. Load Estimates.
15. Typical Heat Pump Systems.
16. Geothermal Heat Pumps.
17. Geo-source Heat Pumps.
18. Water-source Heat Pumps.
19. Flow Centers and Pumping Configurations.
20. Geothermal Sequence of Operation/System Checks.
21. Geothermal Installation.
22. Geothermal Scheduled Maintenance.
23. Troubleshooting Geothermal.
24. Energy Calculations and Efficiency.